Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Knowing what steps to take after a water damage event can be difficult, especially if you have never experienced water damage in your home or business before. The most important step is to call your local water mitigation experts as soon as you notice signs of water damage. The quicker we receive the call, the quicker we can be on-site! Time is of the essence after a water loss in order to avoid costly secondary damages on your property.
Take a minute to review our Water Damage Tips down below to learn more about the steps you can take while you wait for our SERVPRO of Laguna Beach/Dana Point team to arrive!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (949) 831-6201
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.