“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
It is important when remediating mold, to understand the difference between mold remediation and mold removal. First, we do not remove mold, we remediate it. In our remediation process we do remove many things. We remove moisture from the air by using a dehumidifier, which will alter the environment and stop the mold from multiplying further. We then remove any unsalvageable materials that contain mold growth from the home or business, this prevents continued growth.
We also remove harmful bacteria from the air by using an hydroxyl generator. With all of these things being removed it is understandable why it is said that mold is removed, when in actuality it is remediated through the removal of many things from the immediate environment.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (949) 831-6201
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (949) 831-6201
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Laguna Beach / Dana Point is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: